Accenture Labs - Cyber Security Research & Development Programmer Senior Analyst
This is an extraordinary opportunity to build a rewarding career - with excellent benefits - at Accenture Labs in Washington, DC. Working in highly collaborative teams for world-leading clients, we'll nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. While fast-tracking your career, you'll have the flexibility to pursue your specialist passions. So, whatever your work and life goals, we'll help you achieve them sooner.
Accenture Labs people are highly curious, and they always want to know "what if?" With foundational expertise in their technology R&D area, they enjoy an influential role as an authority in their area externally and internally and have an up-to-the minute knowledge of technology and industry trends and the business implications. Utilizing their deep analytical expertise, they develop and code ideas into tangible proof of concepts and pilots. They actively publish and support the creation of differentiated IP.
The Cyber Security Research & Development Senior Analyst will implement and execute projects within the security R&D group. Build on ideas and directions provided by leads and stakeholders in order to achieve high quality deliverables. Build on concepts in a very dynamic environment and be seen as highly differentiated technology expert within the cyber security domain. Actively participate in the cyber security research and technology community by building relationships and serving as a security expert when working with clients or client teams.
Act as a Subject Matter Expert in area of expertise
- Participate in projects as a representative within a functional, technical or industry area of expertise
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s) pertaining to a functional, technical or business area of expertise
Contribute to assets/offerings and thought leadership
- Actively contribute to Accenture points of view, Knowledge Exchange, discussion boards, etc.
- Act as a mentor or coach to junior people to help grow the next generation of innovators and thought leaders
Enhance Accenture's marketplace reputation
- Work confidently with internal networks and other opinion formers on key issues of relevance to business
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations for internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with the engineering teams in the partner organizations
- Actively contribute to the technology community and progressively establish him/herself as a technology expert
Execute R&D Agenda and Team
- Establish engineering standards and best practices in their respective teams; Understand and apply software development best practices
- Supervise and mentor more junior developers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- Build prototypes - bringing concepts to initial implementations - including design, coding to testing
- Apply and reshape prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clients' needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients' IT environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related technology field
- 2 years of application development experience with 2 or more programming/scripting languages, such as Python, Java or Java Script
- 1+ years of experience creating prototypes that apply and test new ideas related to Cyber Security or related areas
- Machine learning and analytics
- Graph Databases (e.g. Neo4J)
- Cyber Security
- Front-end development skills
- D3 Visualization
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top