Accenture Labs - Artificial Intelligence Research & Development Principal
We seek a well rounded artificial intelligence researcher with a passion for using AI to help us redesign how we solve critical applied business problems for the world's largest firms. Researchers in our lab are called upon to:
- Dive into applied industry domains and thoroughly understand our client's critical challenges.
- Devise new solutions to these challenges by applying deep skills in machine learning, NLP, optimization, and related disciplines.
The primary purpose of our applied research is to arrive at new applications of AI and demonstrate their practical benefits on critical industry business problems. These applications go across industry or business functions. You may have the chance to pursue machine learning in the context of a risk application with an insurance company, or marketing intelligence with a retailer, or fraud detection with a bank - to name a few. The opportunity to pursue cross industry and cross function problems makes Accenture Labs a unique place to pursue research.
With this in mind, researchers must be able to:
- Explore and define new research problems within the research agenda of the AI group.
- Implement and execute projects within the AI group.
- Build on ideas provided by leads and stakeholders and produce high quality deliverables.
Our researchers participate in collaborative research between academia and industry and integrate resulting approaches into our projects. As such, researchers are expected to:
- Actively participate in their technology community by building relationships and serving as a technology expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Actively participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations (e.g., DoE, DoD, DARPA, EPA, DHS, NSF)
Execute R&D Agenda and Team
- Pursue research projects agreed upon with R&D leads, participating in both their conception and technical development.
- Supervise and mentor more junior developers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- B uild prototypes - bringing concepts to initial implementations - including design, coding to testing
- Apply and reshape prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clients' needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients' IT environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
Act as Subject Matter Expert in area of expertise
- Participate in projects as a representative within a functional, technical or industry area of expertise
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s) pertaining to a functional, technical or business area of expertise
Contribute to assets/offerings and thought leadership
- Actively contribute to Accenture points of view, Knowledge Exchange, discussion boards, etc.
- Publish and present research papers in top tier conferences, workshops and journals
- Serve as reviewer, technical program community, and/or panelist in conferences and workshops
Enhance Accenture's marketplace reputation
- Work confidently with internal networks and other thought leaders formers on key relevant issues.
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations to internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with teams in partner organizations
- Build deep relationships with researchers from academia and other research labs
- Actively contribute to the technology community and establish external reputation as expert.
+ Basic qualifications
- Masters Degree
- 4+ years applied research
- 5+ years technology related development
- 5+ years technology related development of research prototypes
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Proven ability to create a project plan and execute against it
- Proven ability to motivate, lead a high performance team
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top