Accenture Flex - Hadoop Developer
Accenture Flex offers you the flexibility of fixed duration project-based work powered by Accenture, a leading global professional services company.
As an Accenture Flex employee, you'll apply your skills and experience to help drive business transformation for leading organizations and communities. In addition to delivering innovative solutions for Accenture's clients, you'll work with a highly skilled, diverse network of people across Accenture businesses who are using the latest emerging technologies to address today's biggest business challenges. You'll receive competitive rewards and access to benefits programs and world-class learning resources.
Location: New York, NY
Expected Project Duration : 12 months
As a Hadoop Engineer, with a future focused mindset and creative thinking, you will apply innovative ideas that will allow you to analyze, design, build, test, implement and/or maintain systems or applications for our client. Dedicated to quality, you will use your problem solving skills to keep our world class systems delivering value to our clients.
Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to:
- Us Big Data methodologies, solutions and tools to help organizations optimize their business performance
- Manage, sort, and filter volumes of data as well as extract meaningful value from large volumes of data
- Adapt existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Use considerable judgement to develop solutions and seeks guidance on complex problems
- Interact with direct supervisor, peers and/or management levels at the client site and/or within Accenture
- Establish methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance
- Provide technical expertise through a hands on approach to team projects and developing solutions
- Lead and/or participate in the design, definition, planning, development, quality engineering, and implementation of projects
- Conform to the projects development best practices
- Communicate at various levels within the organization and stakeholders of the project
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years Development Experience
- Minimum 2 years of Hadoop Development Experience
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Results-oriented, self-directed, and inquisitive
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to deliver accurately, efficiently, and to a high standard
- Knowledge of multi-cultural communications and cultural context in supporting other countries highly desirable
- A reliable, proactive approach to entrusted tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, and demanding team-oriented environment
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top