Accenture DayNine - Workday Project Manager
Join the Accenture Cloud First team and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture is a leader in helping organizations move to the cloud to take advantage of a new era of service delivery and flexibility, where applications, infrastructure and business processes are brought together and delivered As-a-Service. Accenture's Cloud First agenda offers comprehensive, industry-focused cloud services including strategy, implementation, migration and managed services, and assets including the Accenture Cloud Platform that can drive broader transformational programs for clients. Accenture has worked on more than 13,000 cloud computing projects for clients, including three-quarters of the Fortune Global 100, and has more than 17,000 professionals trained in cloud computing.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
The long-standing Accenture and Workday alliance is focused on one thing: Helping our clients thrive in the digital world. We offer end-to-end services for Workday finance and human resources including strategic transformation, application implementation, application management and business process outsourcing. We leverage Accenture's intelligent tools, like the Accenture Client Enablement Tool for Workday to help teams work smarter and faster.
From pilots to complex transformations, we work with our clients to assess, strategize and manage their Workday solutions. But, we do much more than deliver technology. Our focus is on helping businesses realize the promise of integrated, cloud-based technology to do things that could not have been done before, effecting real change in how the business runs and the value it can create.
As a Workday Implementation Project Manager you will be the person who creates, maintains and directs the tasks on the project plan for the implementation of Workday Human Capital and/or Financial Management software. You will have more than one project to manage at a time.
You report to project executive leadership and take an active role in issue resolution, planning and guiding the project.
The project manager also assists as needed in the sales process including scoping projects and estimating efforts required to complete the implementation.
- Ability to create and execute project work plans to meet changing needs and requirements
- Ability to identify project resource requirements and define appropriate staffing models
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope
- Effectively apply methodology and enforce consistent project standards
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Performs risk management
- Strong organization; ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Tracks and reports team labor hours and travel expenses on a weekly basis
- Manages project budget
- Shows effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external resources
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Comfortable with a dynamic and ambiguous environment
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (computer related field preferred)
- PMP Certification required
- 1 year or more of consulting and applicable systems experience
- 1 year or more of project management experience
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
- Keen understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Track record of success completing projects on time and within budget
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following business areas: Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, Financials, Integrations, Talent Management
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization.
We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top