As an Engineering Manager for our Scoring Infrastructure team you’ll take ownership over the core “decision infrastructure” which empowers our ability to detect adversarial attacks in real-time across hundreds of customers.
In are looking for an Engineering Manager with the following qualities:
- A principles-first approach to building scalable, customer-centric solutions
- A motivation to establish and maintain a high standard of Excellence for the company, team, and one’s self
- A mission-first drive to solve meaningful & pragmatic problems for real-world people
- An ownership & impact oriented outlook on your efforts, at scale.
- An ability to iterate in real-time - solving novel problems, quickly and autonomously
In this job, you will bring these skills
- Ideally experience leading teams working on Real-Time Serving Systems, or other production-based, high-volume ML (or ML adjacent) infrastructures
- Knowledge in (or previous experience with) Distributed Systems technologies, like: Spark, Airflow, Kafka, relational DBs, cache infrastructure, etc.
- Proven experience as a team leader, mentor, and team amplifier for Platform Engineers
- Proven experience as a cross-functional leader, having driven the successful design and delivery of engineering roadmap
- Experience in the recruitment process to identify, hire, and retain top talent
- Own the scale and stability of critical, real-time, scoring & decision systems at Abnormal
- Enable and ensure delivery of:
- Online serving platform infrastructure that supports current and future customer needs
- The instrumentation to determine & track system costs across Detection at Abnormal
- Create system layers which allows our Detection Teams to ship new features & functionality, both quickly and safely.
- Help establish, own, and iterate to the successful execution of the long-term Scoring Infrastructure roadmap.
- Moving from a mindset focused on Execution to one capable of accounting for new products and 10x(+) scaling challenges.
- Uphold and improve upon existing system stability & scale SLAs
About Abnormal Security
We’re the world’s fastest-growing cybersecurity company, dedicated to making the world a safer place, one inbox at a time. Through applying ML, AI, and behavioral data science to the cybersecurity space, we’re leading the charge on protecting the modern workplace from all types of attacks. We operate from a customer-obsessed mindset, dedicated to creating a best-in-class product that delivers on its promise, and our customers love us for it.
We take the same approach with our team as we do with our customers. We’re committed to designing an employee experience that provides interesting and challenging problems to work on in a supportive, low-ego environment. Our seasoned, successful leadership team is passionate about providing endless opportunities for every team member to learn and grow, and our entire company is committed to being 1% better every day. With 4.9 stars on Glassdoor and several recently announced workplace awards, our team thinks it’s going pretty well so far!
We know that it’s our team that makes us successful - and we’re just getting started! You can read more about our team here.
Far from gathering dust in some forgotten corner, our values serve as our operating principles for every team member. We clearly define what values drive us, so our entire team works from the same foundation and understanding. From the CEO to the interns, all of us are held accountable to our VOICE Framework.
Taking care of our team goes beyond the office. Our compensation and benefits philosophy is designed to put attract, motivate, and retain top talent:
Compensation targeted to the 75th percentile (for both base salary and equity)
If we want top performers to join and stay with us, we need to pay accordingly. We pay at the 75th percentile (for both base salary and equity) of our competitive market, and we benchmark to higher cost of living cities (such as San Francisco and New York) no matter where our team members live. We standardize our pay, meaning we pay for the role and level, not for any particular individual’s ability to interview or negotiate well.
Equity is an important part of our total comp strategy
When the company does well, we all do well. Equity is an important and exciting part of our total compensation strategy as a pre-IPO startup. We’re guided by the belief our team members should share in the financial success of our company and grant equity accordingly.
All regular salaried team members enjoy unlimited PTO. We want team members to grow with us and a big part of that is making sure our team has the opportunity to rest and recharge. We also observe 12 holidays every year.
100% of healthcare premium costs covered
Taking care of our team goes beyond the office. We cover 100% of employee health care premium costs. If adding dependents, we contribute 75% of the health care premium cost, so you can be sure that you and your family are in the best possible health.
Operating as a remote-first company means we get to work with talented folks, no matter where they live. We prioritize a balance of deep focus time with Zoom meetings, and regular in-person events.
As a fast growing startup, we continuously review, improve, and personalize our benefits offerings based on the team’s input. Don’t see something that’s important to you? Let us know!
Our Interview Process
We value transparency at Abnormal, and our interview process is no exception. You can read more about our interview process here.
If this job feels like something that’s a good fit for you, please apply via the link below. We can’t wait to meet you!
INCLUSION MATTERS: Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Base salary range: $167,100 - $192,200 USD Annually
At Abnormal Security certain roles are eligible for a bonus, restricted stock units (RSUs), and benefits. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons. We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. Learn more about our Compensation and Equity Philosophy on our benefits and perks page.