About the Role
As the manager of the Engineering Effectiveness team you partner with technical leaders on the team to ensure that Abnormal offers a differentiated developer experience that both delights engineers at Abnormal and ensures that the reliability of the platform is protected.
You are responsible for the overall health of the team and ensuring that it meets its commitments. Working with the technical leaders on the team you create the team’s roadmap, determining relative priorities and staffing for each deliverable. You ensure that the roadmap is realistic, that the team is set up to be successful, and that both the team and the individuals on the team are growing in their careers.
As the team grows you create role definitions, job descriptions, and work with Recruiting to hire the right people to make sure that Abnormal continues to be successful.
You work with external teams across Engineering ensuring that they are able to maintain #velocity while establishing guardrails to maintain #excellence.
- Responsible for the stability and health of your team
- Own the end-to-end product(s) shipped from your team, from development to ongoing quality
- Ensure execution of goals toward the quarterly roadmap
- Recruit and promote leaders within your team
- Identify team and product wins
- Embody Abnormal’s values
What You'll Do
- Manage the Engineering Effectiveness team which owns the developer experience at Abnormal
- Work with the team and external stakeholders to build realistic roadmaps and ensure that the team delivers on its commitments
- Work with engineering leadership to align roadmaps with other teams and organizations
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and career planning for the members of the team
- Build staffing plans, advocating for the right investments to ensure Abnormal’s success
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years experience as an Individual Contributor role as a SWE or SRE
- 3+ years experience in public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- 2+ years managing either SWEs or SREs
- A proven track record of supporting internal customers
- A pragmatic, opinionated perspective on the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- A commitment to improving the overall reliability of Abnormal’s offerings through the application of Software Engineering techniques
- Be data-driven and emotionally resilient
Nice to Have
- MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related engineering field
- Experience with GitHub and GitLab
- Experience with monitoring, logging, and tracing for distributed systems