Windows System Administrator
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Windows System Administrator. This position is located on site at our customer’s facility in Charleston, South Carolina.
The Windows System Administrator will play an integral role on the SPAWAR NSOC server sustainment team. This role will provide support for emergent Windows server issues, be adaptable and well versed in all areas of Windows systems administration. The candidate is expected to have systems administration skills with Windows 7/10/2012 R2/2016 operating systems, VMware vSphere 6/6.5 and experience with NetApp storage systems. This position will focus on systems and application stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technology related field and five (5) years of relevant experience. An additional six (6) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirement
- Active DOD Secret clearance is required
- Minimum two (2) years of experience installing and managing virtual machines with VMWare vSphere
- Minimum three (3) years of experience heavily versed in Windows servers and expertise with:
- System installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
- Active Directory forests, domains, group policy management, OU/security group/user/computer object administration, Sites and Services, DNS, and DHCP
- Proven technical expert in relevant state of the art technologies and systems
- Experience with NetApp storage and fiber channel switching
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to travel if necessary
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Automated desktop deployment systems
- Microsoft SQL Server administration
- Server hardware installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Networking (LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN)
- Linux server administration
- Medical and HIPPA compliance programs
- DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide compliance
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top