AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Technical Writer to support our customer.
The successful candidate's duties include collaborating with software developers, technical editing and writing; establishment of documentation guidelines, procedures, and templates; word processing, and coordinating final production of deliverables. Deliverables may include design documents, user manuals, operations guide, release notes, strategy and policy documents, standard operating procedures, and other contract deliverables, all of which must meet customer and software industry documentation standards and requirements. The ideal candidate will also adapt to different responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Establishing document repository organization within MS SharePoint, including access permissions, and uploading and organizing artifacts
- Establishing organized mechanisms to properly track development or update of documentation, client reviews and formal submission
- Participating in client meetings and identifying required potential changes to documentation
- Providing clear, constructive, actionable recommendations to customers for all reviewed documents
- Providing leadership to the technical writing team and facilitating client facing meetings to discuss progress against technical writing tasks and recommendations to improve organization and management of documentation
- Reviewing, editing, and preparing client documents for publication and dissemination
- Supporting the customer's participation in quarterly cybersecurity industry meetings and conferences, including creation of required speeches, presentations, abstracts, and other material
- Associate's Degree or 2-year technical degree required in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline; four (4) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- At least one (1) year of engineering documentation and/or technical writing experience
- Experience creating software documentation and related project documentation
- Experience developing and delivering end user training materials
- Experience creating cyber security documentation and related project documentation
- Strong proficiency with common office productivity software (e.g., MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of or experience with VA development processes, specifically VA PMAS/VIP
- Experience must also include:
- Working with a geographically distributed team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top