Technical Project Manager
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Technical Project Manager to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. This position will be located in our Chantilly, VA office.
The successful candidate will have diverse IT project experience, both large and small, and must be well-versed in full systems development life cycle, enterprise-wide network engineering, strategic information planning, business process re-engineering, and management practices. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for all project activities while delivering to scope, schedule, and budget. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing relationships, providing project direction and leadership
- Identifying and mitigating risks to the program
- Managing to cost, schedule, and performance
- Effectively leading technical professionals and a cross-functional team
- Ensuring execution of quality deliverables within established schedules
- Collaborating with teams across the customer organization to improve processes, results, and customer experience
- Ensuring the organization and processes remain aligned with customer policies and external directives
- Effectively leading the change management process
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline with a minimum of ten (10) years of project management experience. An additional six (6) years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required
- Previous Federal contracting project management experience required
- Experience implementing and administering processes related to planning and change management
- Previous experience leading web-based development projects
- Able to define and implement project metrics for scope, schedule, cost, and quality
- Able to use project management tools such as JIRA, MS Project, SharePoint, and capacity models
- Experience leveraging data and metrics to help drive decision making
- Strong financial and budget management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and demonstrable team building skills
- Must be able to travel when needed
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Preferred / Desired Skills:
- Veterans Affairs experience strongly preferred
- Master's degree in Management or technical discipline
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim M.Program Manager
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top