This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Sr. Web and Mobile Applications Developer to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. This position is located in our Chantilly, VA office.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively leading a cross-functional scrum team, including supporting engineering and development delivery, technical deliverables/artifacts (architecture, installation instructions), and release activities (running fortify scans, building in Jenkins)
- Helping to establish technical standards, approaches and architectures across the project
- Identifying and mitigating technical risks to the project
- Ensuring execution of quality technical deliverables within established schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math and minimum of 7 years related experience; 6 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 5+ years’ overall experience analyzing, designing, and implementing integration solutions using Java and related technologies
- Familiar with Agile incremental delivery approach, which supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested application component delivery every 2 weeks
- Strong understanding of object-oriented and domain-driven development principles
- 4+ years’ experience developing technical architecture
- 3+ years hands-on experience in developing Rest Services
- 3+ years hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Backend, Services – Java, NodeJS, Javax, Jersey, Jackson, Jetty, Tomcat
- Cluster/High Performance Computing – Python
- Mobile – iOS (Xcode/Obj C), Android
- Continuous Integration/DevOps – Docker and Gradle
- Experience with MongoDB
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with VA Mobile Application Environment
- Experience with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Wiki) experience
- Self-starter that can work under general direction
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment.Â We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top