Splunk Linux Administrator
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Splunk Linux Administrator to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. This position is based out of Charleston, South Carolina.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, troubleshooting, deploying and maintaining Splunk solutions, reporting, alerting and dashboards
- Three years of hands on experience as a Linux Administrator performing testing, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of Splunk search language
- Creating production quality dashboards, reports and threshold alerting mechanisms
- Support Splunk in a virtualized environment with RHEL and Windows operating systems
- Solid understanding of logging technologies (syslog, Windows, RHEL)
- Extensive knowledge of a tiered Splunk installation; indexers, forwarders, search heads, clusters
- Familiar with Splunk architecture and best practices
- Standardize Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of platforms
- Create data retention policies and perform index administration, maintenance and optimization
- Should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a large client base
- Possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally in email and teleconferences
- Managing the installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and enhancements; and ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of six (6) years supporting software products to IT organizations. Six (6) years of additional related technical experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Familiarity with deploying and configuring RHEL systems in compliance with DISA STIGs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Experience with networking, server, application and web technologies
- System performance benchmarking and analysis in VMware ESXi virtual environments
- Experience administering and monitoring RHEL
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Active DoD Secret clearance is required.
- A broad background in technical infrastructure, including servers, networking devices, and storage is very desirable
- Splunk certifications are a plus, but not required
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top