- Charleston, SC
AbleVets, A Cerner Company, provides healthcare information technology services and resources to help improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced Splunk Administrator to support information technology projects for our customers. The position will be based on site at our customer’s facility in Charleston, South Carolina.
Splunk Administrators perform the installation, testing, operating, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the Splunk software. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software
- Manage accounts and network rights
- Manage systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
- Implement security procedures and tools
- Develop and document systems administration standard operating procedures
- Resolve significant hardware/software interface and interoperability problems
- Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency
- Maintain systems configuration
- Manage the installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and enhancement
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices.
- Research and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks where possible
- Managing systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
- Developing and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures
- Ensuring systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency; maintaining systems configuration
- Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices
- Bachelor's degree and zero (0) years of experience. An additional three (3) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Must have DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Splunk systems
- Experience with logical volume management
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts as well as industry best practices to include virtualization technologies and management tools
- Experience with DoD security practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members and upper management
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Must be able to obtain following certifications within 90 days of hire:
- CND Infrastructure
- 8570 IAT Level II Certification and Support
- Splunk Certified systems administrator
- Occasional travel may be required, up to 10%
- Experience with shell scripting. Bash, Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience with RedHat/CentOS
- Experience with various storage technologies such as SAN, NFS, virtual SAN, iSCSI, or direct attached
- Knowledge of rsyslog routing, queuing, and filtering
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top