Senior Tableau System Administrator
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and the DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for a motivated Senior Tableau Administrator to support our organization. This position is located at our Washington D.C. office.
The successful candidate will work with as a Senior Tableau Administrator responsible for the installation, configuration, and administration of the Tableau server and desktop. Duties will include server upgrades, backups, patching, performance tuning, and security and administration of the application. This role will have a significant interface with the client and reporting duties and will be the “go to” person for technical issues. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Technical oversight of Tableau Server infrastructure from user setup to performance tuning in a high availability environment.
- Configuration, patching, and upgrading of the Tableau tool across the environments based on release schedules
- Build Tableau Server visualizations by connecting to various data sources.
- Work in collaboration with the security team to develop security configuration settings including user/group setup, permissions, security roles, the configuration of trusted ticket authentication.
- Design and implementation of Tableau Server data extracts from various sources
- Implement and maintain custom administrative views.
- Implement and support network load tracking system using Tableau Server dashboard.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge on Tableau desktop, Tableau viewers and Tableau server.
- Performance tuning of workbooks, data sources and providing best practices for the user community. Management of the application's users, groups, and integration with Active Directory
- Active directory synchronization maintenance within Tableau servers
- Automation of monitoring and server job processes, upon request
- Tableau Server Management (i.e. Security, Clustering, Load Balancing, User Management etc.)
- Tableau Licensing Administration
- Support for Tableau migration and scheduling, backups, and restoration of Tableau repository
- Troubleshoot and triage incident management on all server issues.
- Perform annual server upgrades and patches, as released, for all environments.
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment especially as it pertains to new idea generation.
- Learn quickly and be excited by big challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline plus a minimum of ten (10) years of related IT/Business Intelligence experience. Six (6) additional years can be substituted for degree.
- In-depth knowledge on Tableau desktop, Tableau viewers and Tableau server.
- Experienced in operations and maintenance of Tableau Server application, including but not limited to: setup of user/group setup, permissions, the configuration of trusted ticket authentication, projects, workbooks, views and data sources; permissions, security, and metadata management.
- Exceptional client interaction and briefing skills
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong SQL skills, including query tuning and data modeling and design
Preferred / Desired Skills:
- Tableau Server Administrator 10 certification (Delta Exam version 10) in hand upon hire or ability to obtain certification within 6 months from hire
- Tableau Desktop Administrator 10 certified (Delta Exam version 10 in hand upon hire or ability to obtain certification within 6 months from hire
- Experience with related systems such as Oracle based products, SAS, OBIEE
- Experience developing on both Linus and Unix platforms
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top