Senior Systems Engineer
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Senior Systems Engineer to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. This position is based out of Arlington, VA.
This position is for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment to support a large, complex COTS implementation effort. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership and architecture guidance and will participate in the full systems lifecycle including analysis, planning, implementation, testing, documentation, and operations. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with a diverse technical team to create, update, and maintain engineering documentation – e.g., system design document, architecture management plan, interface design documents, etc.
- Work with subsystem teams and domain/product subject matter experts in the identification, logging, assessment, and resolution of integration and test issues.
- Provide technical leadership for product design, development, integration, testing, and reliability improvements.
- Respond rapidly and flexibly to emerging issues in production, quality, or engineering
- Identify and gather complex technical requirements necessary to understand and solve IT needs and challenges for clients and internal projects
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand complex technology problems providing recommendations for resolution
- Provide excellent customer relationship skills in working with external customers to provide technical support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or the equivalent and a minimum of 8 years related experience
- 5+ years’ experience overall experience analyzing, designing, and implementing integration solutions
- Experience in a Health IT domain – specifically in areas of pharmacy, medical imaging or electronic health record systems
- Familiar with Agile incremental delivery and management approach
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and demonstrated capability to achieve results in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience developing technical architecture
- Must be a “team player” and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain a public trust
- Minimal travel may be required – 10%
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and VA-specific systems and processes to include VistA
- Experience with the VistA Pharmacy application and underlying architecture
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top