Senior Cyber Threat Analyst(Threat Hunter, 6 years of experience)
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Cyber Threat Analyst to support our VA customer. The Cyber Threat Analyst will be responsible for providing threat intelligence collection and monitoring, analysis, and reporting. The position is located on-site at the customer’s facility.
- The successful candidate must be well-versed in security operations, cyber security tools, intrusion detection, and secured networks. The candidate will provide operational support on expert level analysis in regards to Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), Indicators of Compromise (IOC), Intelligence Gathering and sharing this information with other formalized partners. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Gather, extract, and disseminate open source intelligence (OSINT) on threat actors targeting the VA, health care industry, government agencies in general, as well as public sector.
- Work with industry partners to gather and share intelligence. Apply intelligence to the VA network and systems to proactively identify potential cyber threats.
- Provide proactive event monitoring/event management/configuration of the following security tools for targeted threats and malicious activity including but not limited to: Splunk, Palo Alto Networks, McAfee EPO, Cisco Ironport, Netscout, Sourcefire Defense Center and Bigfix
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level evaluation on threats to an enterprise network as well as new technologies that could be leveraged to protect it by identifiying security gaps with advanced analysis.
- Determine if an event meets the criteria for additional cyber hunt investigation and/or constitutes a security incident subject to investigation and notify team lead or designate within 15 minutes
- Review audit logs and identify any unusual or suspect behavior
- Provide targeted attack detection and analysis, including the development of custom signatures and log queries and analytics for the identification of targeted attacks
- Develop and execute custom scripts to identify host-based indicators of compromise
- Provide advanced technical capabilities to senior leadership, including Big Data Analytics, and Predictive Intelligence
- Provide proactive APT hunting, incident response support, and advanced analytic capabilities
- Profile and track APT actors that pose a threat to the organization in coordination with threat intelligence support teams
- Support the incident response process by providing advanced analysis services when requested to include recommending containment and remediation processes, independent analysis of security events, and reporting of identified incidents to Incident Handling (IH)
- Provide all VA cyber task area
- Supporting on-site during the following shift times: 3:30PM – 12:00AM, Monday through Friday
- Bachelor’s degree required, and at least 6 years IT experience and minimum four years advanced Cyber Threat Information experience. Four years of relevant experience may be substituted with professional certification (e.g., CISSP, GREM or GCIH)
- Certification (or ability to obtain certificationwithin 120 days at the company's expense) in at least one of the following areas: 1) Certified Counterintelligence Threat Analyst (CCTA), 2) Certified Cyber Intelligence Professional (CCIP), or 3) Certified Cyber Investigations Expert (CCIE)
- Advanced network forensic experience with the following application layer protocols HTTP/S, DNS, NTP, SSH, FTP, and SMTP
- Experience with advanced cyber security tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks
- In depth understanding of NIST SP 800-61, US CERT and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards
- Experience interpreting and implementing cyber security regulations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Outstanding written skills for preparing reports and briefings
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top