AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Scheduling Lead to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. This position is at our client's site in Arlington, VA.
This position will work as part of an integrated team that is planning, developing, and deploying critical information exchange products for a large Federal Government organization. As a member of the project’s Program Management Office, the Scheduling Lead will be responsible for developing detailed schedules, collecting statuses, analyzing schedule data and impacts, reporting status, and maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Project Managers to develop and update project tasks and activities on a recurring basis
- Define and maintain schedules in support of a large, COTS implementation effort (i.e., requires knowledge of and experience with the software development lifecycle).
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule and conduct scheduling analyses (e.g., critical path analysis)
- Develop and maintain schedule reports via Gantt, milestone charts, and other program management tools used to support critical path analysis, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule
- Develop schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures and ensure that they are followed
- Perform schedule estimating through elicitation of stakeholders to capture estimations of new work, updated actuals, and remaining work
- Work in collaboration with Project/Program Management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience using advanced MS Project techniques and functions, including experience leading scheduling efforts in support of software development projects. An additional six (6) years of equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement
- Subject matter expertise using MS Project to manage Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and the supporting detailed schedules
- Strong analytical background, ability to analyze, interpret and communicate data quickly
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills, including the ability to build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a T3-non critical sensitive federal investigation for which U.S. Citizenship is required
- Some travel may be required, up to 10%
Preferred / Desired Skills:
- Previous Federal Contracting experience
- Experience working with the Department of Veterans Affairs
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top