AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Scheduling Lead to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers.
This position is for an experienced scheduler to work as part of an integrated team that is planning, developing, and deploying critical information exchange products for a large Federal Government organization. As a member of the projects Program Management Office, the Scheduling Analyst will be responsible for developing and maintaining an Earned Value Management (EVM) baseline which interfaces with an MS Project resource-loaded schedule. This position will also be responsible for defining, updating, communicating, and optimizing schedules required to achieve delivery success.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Program Managers to develop and maintain detailed resource loaded schedules of projects using MS Project
- Define and maintain schedules in support of complex software development efforts (i.e., requires knowledge of and experience with the agile software development lifecycle).
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule and conduct scheduling performance studies
- Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports via Gantt, milestone charts, and other program management tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work authorizations, priority-based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule Develop schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures and ensure that they are followed
- Schedule estimating through elicitation of stakeholders to capture estimations of new work, updated actuals, and remaining work
- Work in collaboration with Project/Program Management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- At least five (5) years of experience using advanced MS Project techniques and functions, including experience leading scheduling efforts in support of software development projects (i.e., must have a thorough understanding of agile software development lifecycle and its associated phases/stages)
- Strong knowledge of Earned Value Management techniques and application
- Subject matter expertise using MS Project to manage Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and the supporting detailed schedules
- Knowledge of Department of Veterans Affairs Program Management Processes (VIP)
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills, including the ability to motivate and influence others, build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment
- Creative and innovative, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities. Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top