Risk Management Lead
AbleVets, LLC, A Cerner Company, provides healthcare information technology services and resources to help the Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity available for an experienced Risk Management Lead. This position is located in Arlington, Virginia.
The Risk Management Lead will be responsible for the initialization and integration of a Risk Management function within a large Program Management Office using industry best practices, methodologies, and frameworks. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop a comprehensive Risk Management Plan providing a detailed approach and process that will be used to manage risks/issues across the program.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative risk assessments and help to analyze risk tools, processes, lexicons, and other resources to enable decision making and aid in risk mitigation.
- Continuously review program risk data to create an overall view of program risk based on individual discrete risk elements, and coordinate with the program team to identify new creative and strategic approaches for managing risks.
- Report risk to various audiences and develop risk escalation processes, ensure organizational governance, which involves external risk reporting to stakeholders, and carry out specific processes to ensure specific threats and vulnerabilities do not disturb operations.
- Conduct audits of policy and compliance to standards, provide support, education, and training to staff to build risk awareness within an organization. Manage a team of risk analysts to support across the PMO and provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Initialization and continuous delivery of risk management services within the context of direct, interactive client contact, awareness and the interpersonal communication skills to synthesize comprehensive risk management approaches & solutions that incorporate risk management from a project, client and government and performed in a collaborative manner.
- Bachelor's degree and ten (10) years of related experience. Six (6) years of related experience can be substituted for degree requirement.
- Five (5) years of experience being as a risk manager or project/program manager
- Solid understanding of the systems development lifecycle, including implementation of large COTS integration efforts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include experience with facilitating group discussions to achieve intended outcomes or results
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management guidance and tools, including COSO and ISO 31000
- Experience with designing and implementing a risk management program for use at the enterprise level
- Ability to monitor and review processes to ensure risk and compliance arrangements are in place
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a T3-noncritical sensitive federal investigation for which U.S. Citizenship is required
- Ability to travel occasionally, up to 10%
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs or DoD
- Professional Risk Management Certification
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top