Red Team Operator
Provide support that is referred to as "Red Team" and "Blue Team" support. This entails performing assessments of systems and networks within an enclave and identify where those systems/networks are most vulnerable to hostile cyber entities. Also responsible for identifying and diagnosing systems that are or have vulnerabilities by expert use of commercial off the shelf and open source resources, such as Immunity CANVAS and the Metasploit Framework. This will be accomplished by active evaluations (remote and local penetration tests). The candidate will support OSINT campaigns in advance and during Red Team exercises.
- Conduct authorized penetration testing of enclave network assets.
- Candidate should be familiar with operating in the network, pivoting, gathering information, etc, as well as modifying existing code and building their own scripts and tools.
- Diagnose new and emerging vulnerabilities and assist with creation of detection capabilities for the NSOC's Computer Network Defense infrastructure.
- Document identified vulnerabilities; assist with remediation activities and risk mitigation / management activities by helping to weigh the threat to systems posed by the presence of hostile entities.
- Assist DHA Enclaves with taking corrective actions by performing analysis and providing expert support.
- Track supported enclaves' remediation progress and provide management with routine progress updates.
- Provide "Lessons Learned" reports for each scheduled Red or Blue Team event to improve the security posture of supported enclaves and the External Assessment capability.
- Significant knowledge of particular CND tools, tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable CND policies, regulations, and compliance documents specifically related to CND.
- Develop requirements, acquisition plan, assist with the procurement of, operate, and then maintain the toolkit to support Red Team missions.
- Execute, draft, edit, and maintain standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation.
A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) and five (5) years of recent specialized experience as defined below OR;
An Associate’s Degree and seven (7) years of recent specialized experience as defined below OR;
A Major Certification (such as CCNP, CCIE, CISSP, GCIA, GCNA, GCIH, GPEN, GCFW, CISA, CISM or ACSA) and seven (7) years of recent specialized experience as defined below OR;
Eleven (11) years of recent specialized experience as defined below
- Military experience is desirable. Relevant experience includes:
- Utilization of one or more of the following security applications/tools: Immunity CANVAS, Metasploit Framework, CORE Impact, Packet Analysis, or Custom Remote Access Trojans.
- Utilization of one or more of the following operating systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX, OS X.
- Utilization of one or more of the following programming languages: Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, C.
- Knowledge of network or system security architectures.
- Knowledge of associated Department of Defense or U.S Government Security Regulations
CLEARANCE: Minimum US SECRET Clearance must be eligible for TS/SC
Up to 10% travel
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top