Project Scheduling Lead
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated scheduling expert to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. This position is located in our Chantilly, VA office.
This position is for an experienced master scheduler to work as part of an integrated team that is planning, developing, and deploying critical information exchange products for a large Federal Government organization. As a member of the projects Program Management Office, the Scheduling Lead will be responsible for developing and maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) in MS Project. This position will also be responsible for defining, updating, communicating, and optimizing schedules required to achieve delivery success. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Program Managers to develop and maintain detailed resource loaded schedules of projects using MS Project
- Define and maintain schedules in support of complex software development efforts (i.e., requires knowledge of and experience with the agile software development lifecycle).
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule and conduct scheduling performance studies
- Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports via Gantt, milestone charts, and other program management tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work authorizations, priority-based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule integration
- Develop schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures and ensure that they are followed
- Schedule estimating through elicitation of stakeholders to capture estimations of new work, updated actuals, and remaining work
- Work in collaboration with Project/Program Management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting
- Ability to conduct critical path analysis, analysis of changes to schedule assumptions, variances to the baseline schedule, and recommended corrective actions to minimize schedule delays
- Quantify and visualize impacts, pros and cons of possible corrective actions for improved course adjustments
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant management or technical discipline with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience using advanced MS Project techniques and functions, including experience leading scheduling efforts in support of software development projects (i.e., must have a thorough understanding of agile software development lifecycle and its associated phases/stages)
- Additional six (6) years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Expert knowledge of MS Project
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills, including the ability to motivate and influence others, build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment
- Creative and innovative, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities. Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives
- Strong financial and budget management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and demonstrable team building skills
- Must be able to travel when needed
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Knowledge of Department of Veterans Affairs Program Management Processes (VIP)
- PMI certification: PMP or PMI-Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
- Working knowledge of MS Project Server
- Previous IT work experience supporting medical management programs, i.e. VA Community Care, Veteran’s Choice, and/or VA Patient Centered Community Care Network
- Demonstrated experience working within the Community Care or Managed Care fields to include: Referral Management, Claims Processing, Disease Management, Appointing, and/or Utilization Management
- Previous Federal contracting project management experience preferred
- Master's degree in Management or technical discipline
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top