AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated IT Project Manager to support our customer. This position is located in our Chantilly, VA office.
The successful candidate will have diverse IT project experience, both large and small, and must be well-versed in agile lifecycle development practices, client communications and meeting facilitation, risk / issue management, cost management, and software technologies and solutions. The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall performance and success of the project including, but not limited to: the day-to-day management of development and testing tasks, staff assignments, performance management, deliverables, customer relations, and internal reporting. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Relationship: Build and manage the customer relationship and provide project direction and leadership by understanding technical solutions and risks, and leading status calls
- Leadership Skills: Lead cross-functional, local and/or remote Agile Teams, consisting of developers, testers, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners, in developing project plans, roadmaps, and managing the backlog
- Facilitation Skills: Enable project teams to collaborate by facilitating meetings and asking good technical delivery questions to promote meaningful discussions.
- Communication skills: Communicate team plans, report impediments for escalation and identify and mitigate risks to the program
- Management Skills: Manage to cost, schedule, performance, and contract deliverable requirements by establishing goals and objectives, defining and guarding scope, and maintaining project plans/schedule
- Continuous Improvement: Collaborate with teams across the customer organization to improve processes, results, and customer experience
- Strategy: Ensure the organization and processes remain aligned with customer policies and external directives
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline
- Ten (10) years of demonstrated and hands-on experience in Agile project management
- Experience supporting multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Able to define and implement project metrics for scope, schedule, cost, and quality
- Able to use project management tools such as Rational, JIRA, MS Project, SharePoint and capacity models
- Strong financial and budget management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and demonstrable team building skills
- Must be able to travel when needed
- This position may support a government contract and have access to classified or government protected information for which US citizenship is required
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top