AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Product Owner to support our customer.
This position is for an experienced, detail-oriented Product Owner with effective communication skills. The successful candidate will have experience working with customers, users, and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing, and supporting a variety of applications and will be responsible for all day-to-day operations and maintenance of a development project to include check-ins, check-outs, and builds. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the customer and stakeholders to understand and fulfill the product vision and roadmap
- Be responsible for conveying Customer requirements to the Scrum team by refining the backlog based on business value
- Be accountable for the independent delivery of value to customers and stakeholders by ensuring that the right product is defined, prioritized, and built
- Act as the custodian (caretaker) of the product roadmap and vision by helping to shape and refine them
- Participate in the development of story acceptance criteria
- Approve and prioritize user stories for the backlog
- Proactively manage and prioritize the product, release, and sprint backlogs according to business value, complexity, and expectations
- Provide business leadership for the Scrum team by understanding and executing the product goals and vision
- Collaborate with the Scrum team to prioritize, plan, and release working product increments
- Keep stakeholders involved by gathering input and communicating progress
- Collect and analyze usability studies, market research, and user feedback to identify and recommend product enhancements and opportunities
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of product backlog items for the Scrum team by creating clear and thoughtful documentation
- Participate in the Sprint Planning, Team Demos, and Retrospective meetings
- Contribute to the success of the Scrum team by being an active participant in all Scrum ceremonies
- Respect and empower the Scrum team’s ability to create its own plan of action each sprint while protecting the team
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5 years related experience; eight (8) additional years of related experience may be substituted for degree
- Five (5) years of direct, hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming backlogs, and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements
- Experience supporting software development programs involving multiple scrum teams
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and demonstrable team building skills working with a geographically distributed team
- This position may support a government contract and have access to classified or government protected information for which US citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain a public trust
- Experience with Agile development tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Rational Team Concert toolset experience
- CSM and/or CSPO certification
- Experience with Healthcare IT Projects
- Experience with online collaboration tools such as O365, Google Docs, etc.
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top