Network Firewall Analyst
- North Charleston, SC
AbleVets, LLC, A Cerner Company, provides healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Network Firewall Analyst to support Information Technology projects for our customer. Positions will be located on site at our customer’s facility in Charleston, South Carolina. Shift work is expected in order to provide 24x7 support.
The Network Firewall Security Analyst will be responsible for maintaining network security firewalls at government installations. The installation will require work in a team setting at the government site and requires installation methodology, device configuration, site training and documentation. The Network Firewall Security Analyst will also be responsible for ongoing support of the government site regarding problems encountered with the Network Security Suite. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and zero (0) years of experience. An additional three (3) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Must possess an active T5 (SSBI) investigation with current eligibility
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain within 90 days of start - DOD 8570 IAT Level ll certifications: Security+ CE (or SSCP, CCNA-Sec, GSEC or higher) DOD 8570 CND
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain within 90 days of start - Infrastructure Support certifications: CEH (or SSCP or higher) Operating System certification CCISCO CCENT/CCNA/CCNA
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, and security practices
- Good understanding of TCP/IP regarding routing and sub-netting
- Strong understanding of local and wide area (LAN) networking and proficiency with troubleshooting network issues proficiently.
- Must also be able to train others on various computer software and hardware.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to travel when necessary, up to 25% of the time
Preferred/ Desired Skills:
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance is preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of Palo Alto Firewalls, Palo Alto Panorama, Cisco ASA
- PCCSA/PCNSA/PCNSE highly preferred
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top