Network Engineer, Senior
The Network Engineer will configure, install, and support network hardware and software infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, brides, gateways, etc. Candidate will also ensure that all network equipment complies with industry and corporate standards as well as conduct routine preventative measures and implement and maintain network security and ensure security compliance. Candidate will also plan and implement future IT development projects and undertake project work including project management.
- Configures, installs, and supports network hardware and software infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, brides, gateways, etc.
- Ensures that all network equipment complies with industry and corporate standards.
- Analyzes and resolves faults, ranging from major system crashes to a forgotten password.
- Undertakes routine preventative measures and implements and maintains network security and ensures security compliance.
- Works closely with other departments/organizations and collaborates with other IT staff on infrastructure activities.
- Plans and implements future IT development projects and undertakes project work including project management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Active DOD Secret Clearance required.
8570.01 IAT Level II within three months of hire: SSCP, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or Security+ CE.
Operating System certification (OS cert) within three months of hire.
8 to 10 years’ IT/Networking experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members and upper management.
The ability to ingest adversarial tactics, techniques, and procedures in order to remain flexible and functional.
*Up to 10% travel
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of various Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, MRV, and Cisco ONS 15454 devices and their respective operating systems.
- CCNA certification preferred.
- General knowledge of LAN/WAN architectures.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IPSEC VPN tunnels.
- Experience using Juniper SA VPN and Citrix NetScaler VPN/CAG.
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top