- North Charleston, SC
AbleVets, A Cerner Company, provides healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Network Engineer to support information technology projects for our customers. The position will be based on site at our customer’s facility in Charleston, South Carolina.
The Network Engineer will configure, install, and support network hardware and software infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, brides, gateways, etc. Candidate will also ensure that all network equipment complies with industry and corporate standards as well as conduct routine preventative measures and implement and maintain network security and ensure security compliance. Candidate will also plan and implement future IT development projects and undertake project work including project management. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Configure, install, and support network hardware and software infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, brides, gateways, etc.
- Ensure all network equipment complies with industry and corporate standards
- Analyze and resolve faults, ranging from major system crashes to a forgotten password
- Execute routine preventative measures and implements and maintains network security and ensures security compliance
- Collaborate with other departments/organizations and collaborates with other IT staff on infrastructure activities
- Plans and implements future IT development projects and undertakes project work including project management
- Bachelor's degree and zero (0) years of experience. An additional three (3) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Must possess an active T5 (SSBI) investigation with current eligibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members and upper management
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Up to 10% travel
Preferred / Desired Skills;
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance is preferred
- Ten (10) years of network engineering experience
- Active CCNP certification
- 01 IAT Level II within three months of hire: SSCP, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or Security+ CE
- Operating System certification (OS cert) within three months of hire
- Extensive knowledge of various Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, MRV, and Cisco ONS 15454 devices and their respective operating systems
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IPSEC VPN tunnels
- Experience using Juniper SA VPN and Citrix NetScaler VPN/CAG
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top