Management Consultant Junior
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity available for an experienced, motivated Junior Management Consultant to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. This position will be located in Arlington, VA.
Working closely with a cross-functional team, the consultant will assist with a wide range of management support and executive advisory functions. The successful candidate will comprehend and display the required underlying functional expertise to design and implement solutions to leverage any of the management consulting capability pillars, including organization design, mission support optimization, process improvement, performance management, strategy development and transformation, change management, IT strategy, and business architecture. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work within teams to provide solutions and services to client challenges
- Develop and implementing strategies and plans, developing project deliverables, conducting analysis, and responding to client requests
- Support research projects, capability development efforts, and innovation efforts
- Support project management reporting, risk management, and communication activities
- Provide research and analysis on a full range of IT activities, including strategic planning, governance, IT policy, and data and information management
- Define, analyze, and document functional requirements and business processes
- Cost benefits analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or other related discipline with a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of relevant experience including requirements analysis, IT strategy, and client-facing consulting experience. An additional six (6) years of experience can be substituted for degree requirement.
- Ability to develop client work products and deliverables
- Ability to work well with a distributed team of internal and external partners
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Ability to pass a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting
- Ability to travel domestically, as needed, up to 5%
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Experience supporting large-scale PMO efforts
- Previous Federal contracting experience, specifically with the Department of Veterans Affairs or the Department of Defense
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top