AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Linux Administrator to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. This position is based out of Charleston, South Carolina.
The Linux Administrator will be responsible for performing the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and scheduling the installation and configuration of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software in RHEL based systems
- Managing systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability to include system performance benchmarking and analysis in VMware ESXi virtual environments
- Developing and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures
- Resolving significant hardware/software interface and interoperability problems
- Ensuring systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency
- Maintaining systems configuration and associated documentation
- Managing the installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and enhancements
- Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, practices, and tools; verifying security patches are up to date daily on all systems
- Managing accounts and network rights
- Maintaining the VMware ESXi virtual environment
- Day to day support operations providing configuration updates to meet user requirements on all RHEL systems and services
- Maintaining STIG compliance of RHEL based systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in with a minimum of three (3) years of hands on experience as a Linux (primarily RHEL) Administrator. Six (6) years of additional related technical experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts as well as industry best practices to include virtualization technologies and management tools
- Experience with chassis/blade/storage system hardware configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Understanding of essential network services such as DNS, SMTP, NTP, IMAP, and SNMP
- Red Hat Certified Engineer or equivalent experience in Unix/Linux systems engineering or administration
- Compliant with DoD 8570 Cyber Security Workforce certification requirements for IAT Level II and CND Infrastructure Support.
- Must possess a current/active DOD secret clearance
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Experience with shell scripting. Perl, PHP, CGI.
- Experience with the Puppet Labs configuration management system
- Experience with kickstarting RHEL installs
- Experience with Nagios network monitoring software
- Experience with NetApp storage arrays
- Experience with Splunk logging solution
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top