Insider Threat Analyst
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Insider Threat Analyst. The position is located on-site at the customer’s facility in South Carolina.
Insider Threat Analysts shall conduct technical analyses of user activity data and alerts to identify indicators of insider threats. In addition to producing investigative leads, analysts are expected to review data pursuant to directed requests in support of civil, workplace, counterintelligence, or law enforcement inquiries/investigations. Analysts shall compile results of analyses into reports or analytical products that are concise, accurate, and timely and be capable of presenting the results to team members and management as required.
- Triage insider threat alerts by correlating insider threat data with other data sources to determine potential indications of malicious or risky insider activity
- When supporting a customer inquiry, ask appropriate questions to understand the full scope of the request and conduct analysis with full diligence and discretion
- Produce reports of analysis results for distribution to appropriate insider threat stakeholders
- Work with team members to refine alerts based on triage results and current events
- Contribute to the development of processes and procedures in order to support improvement of the insider threat program
- Use knowledge of business tools, process, and prior incidents to make recommendations on future insider threat activities and areas of focus
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of six (6) plus years of related technical experience. An additional six (6) years of experience may be substituted for education requirement
- Five (5) years of experience must include a minimum of two (2) years in one or more of the following: insider threat, counterintelligence, counterespionage, cyber security, criminal justice, incident response, application security, network security, security operations, security monitoring, or security focused system’s engineering
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to influence others
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain technically complex issues to a non-technical audience
- Sharp analytical abilities with proven technical and creative skills
- Active DOD Secret Clearance required
- Security related certifications such as OSCP, GIAC, GCIH, GCFA, GCIA, GPEN, GNFA, GCUX, CEH, Linux+, and Security+
- Minimum of one year scripting or programming experience in PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++, C#, Perl, PL/SQL, or other related languages
- Knowledge of Data Science techniques such as anomaly detection and machine learning
- Expert level understanding of insider threat analysis, user activity data, and analysis of host-based data
- Experience with the modus operandi of foreign intelligence entities, international threat organizations, and associated Cyber capabilities and operations
- Experience in support of DoD or IC Insider Threat programs and shall possess subject matter expertise with regards to Executive Order (E.O.) 13587, the DNI’s National Counterintelligence and Security Center Insider Threat Task Force Standards, and DoD regulations/guidance regarding Insider Threat
- Experience working in a multi-tenant/service provider environment
- Experience with DoD IA/CND certification and accreditation programs
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim M.Program Manager
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top