AbleVets, LLC, is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated IAM Architect to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. This position is based out of Arlington, VA but may be fully remote with manager discretion. If remote the candidate must have the ability to travel up to 50% to Arlington VA, Kansas City MO, or Seattle WA.
The IAM Architect will work to understand customer needs, validate solutions, and define and create the architectural depictions and documents to ensure seamless deployment to address all customer priorities, including performance, functionality, quality, Section 508 compliance, ease of use, and security considerations. The IAM Architect will provide technical expertise, direction, and leadership to develop and communicate the program vision. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead design and architecture efforts for a portfolio of healthcare applications with an Agile approach that supports incremental development of high-quality architecture deliverables, delivered every 2 weeks
- Define software architectures that provide security, scalability, fault tolerance, and optimal performance
- Generate project basis of estimates for functional and nonfunctional requirements (e.g., performance, scalability, sustainability and maintainability)
- Collaborate with Business, Technical, and customer leads to understand and develop architecture plans, artifacts and associated deliverables across all areas of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline with a minimum of sixteen (16) years for of technical experience. An additional six (6) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Five (5) years demonstrated technical architecture and systems development experience, including a variety of programming languages, platforms, and operating systems
- Knowledge and experience with tools for Agile and Architecture (e.g., AWS, GovCloud, Visio, Enterprise Architect, GitHub, etc.)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Federal Government Systems, Network, Infrastructure and Deployments (VA and DoD preferred)
- Ability to lead technical professionals in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Hands-on experience designing, developing or customizing enterprise-level software solutions
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with software development lifecycle and processes, specifically in an Agile, SCRUM environment, including development tools such as JIRA
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate efforts with key government and non-government stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience must also include:
- Intermediate technical knowledge of information security concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with risk management and a proven track record in successful project execution
- Proven leadership ability
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a T3-noncritical sensitive federal investigation for which U.S. Citizenship is required
- Travel up to 50% of the time if located remotely not in Arlington VA, Kansas City MO, or Seattle WA
Preferred / Desired Skills:
- Master’s degree in technical discipline
- Demonstrable, hands-on VA and DoD information technology experience
- PMAS/VIP and ProPath experience
- Rational toolset experience
- Experience with Section 508 compliance
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top