AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Front-End Developer to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and test systems within an Agile delivery approach that supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested application component delivery every 2 weeks
- Conduct acceptance testing, load testing, unit testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as required
- Actively participate in the full system lifecycle including analysis, planning, implementation, testing, documentation, and operation
- Participate in code reviews
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline and at least 5 years of related experience; 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team based environment
- Familiar with Agile incremental delivery approach which supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested application component delivery every 2 weeks
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies preferred:
- Cluster/High Performance Computing – Python
- Mobile – iOS (Xcode/Obj C), Android
- Continuous Integration/DevOps – Docker and Gradle
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Wiki) experience
- Section 508 compliance experience
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top