Directory Services Engineer, Mid (Active Directory)
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Directory Services Engineer, Mid (Active Directory) to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. This position can potentially be filled remotely, but preference will be given to candidates in the Charleston, SC or San Antonio, TX areas.
- Provide deployment and migration support for the consolidation of medical IT assets into a single medical Joint Active Directory (mJAD) forest
- Select and maintain tools and documents to support the building or acquisition of new or upgrade directory services solutions
- Follow specified system design documents, such as installation and configuration guides, annotating changes where necessary
- Deliver directory service automation tools and group policies (GPO’s) that allow for directory object management
- Provide Tier III subject matter expert-level technical support to Directory Service-oriented solutions
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills in all Active Directory functions, server to server and server to End User Device communication
- Provide integration and deployment support as Directory Services solutions migrate into the mJAD environment, including support for performing the initial integration testing of deployed directory services solutions
- Provide Tier III technical support for Directory Service-related issues within the MHS production environment, including for those solutions that support enterprise-wide IT infrastructure capabilities such as, but not limited to:
- Enterprise Messaging
- General Enterprise Management Communications solutions
- Enterprise user and network management solutions Enterprise server solutions
- Virtualization solutions and strategies.
- Establishing directory service trust between environments Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of three (3) plus years’ related Directory Services experience. Six (6) additional years of related technical experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Security+ Certification
- Windows Operating System Certification (current OS)
- Strong Active Directory/GPO/DNS/DFS experience Strong communication skills, especially in writing
- Ability to work well on a team, and comfortable in a lead or follower role Ability to complete assignments on time and to high quality standards
- Active DOD Secret Clearance required
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Some international travel may be required.
Preferred / Desired Skills:
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top