Cyber Security Analyst
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Cyber Security Analyst to support our VA customer. The position is located on-site at the customer’s facility in Martinsburg, WV.
The successful candidate must be well-versed in security operations, cyber security tools, intrusion detection, and secured networks. They will serve as an expert and be responsible for providing network and security operations technical analysis, assessment and recommendations in the areas of real-time security situational awareness, operational network system and applications systems security monitoring. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring various security tools (e.g., Splunk, Palo Alto Networks, SourceFire, Cisco ASA) to identify potential incidents, network intrusions, and malware events, etc. to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of VA architecture and information systems are protected
- Reviewing and analyzing log files to report any unusual or suspect activities
- Utilize incident response use-case workflows to follow established and repeatable processes for triaging and escalating
- Generating trouble tickets and performing initial validation and triage to determine whether incidents are security events using open source intelligence (OSINT)
- Following established incident response procedures to ensure proper escalation, analysis and resolution of security incidents
- Reporting incidents to US CERT and providing detailed information for use in after action reports
- Analyzing and correlating incident event data to develop preliminary root cause and corresponding remediation strategy
- Providing technical support for new detection capabilities, recommendations to improve upon existing tools/capabilities to protect the VA network, and assessments for High Value Assets
- Supporting on-site during 3rd shift (10:00PM to 6:30AM) according to following schedule:
- Sunday through Thursday
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electronical Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and at least ten (10) years IT experience. Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Certification (or ability to obtain certification within 120 days at company's expense) in at least one of the following areas: 1) GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), 2) GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), 2) Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Experience with advanced cyber security tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks
- In-depth understanding of NIST SP 800-61, US CERT and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards
- Experience interpreting and implementing cyber security regulations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Outstanding written skills for preparing reports and briefings
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- U.S. Citizenship is required as is successfully passing a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting
- Ability to obtain Public trust clearance
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Meet Some of AbleVets's Employees
Jim M.Program Manager
Jim ensures AbleVets is delivering extraordinary service to clients. A Veteran himself, Jim also serves as the lead for the company’s Military Veterans Employee Resource Group.
Back to top