Cyber Security Analyst
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Cyber Security Analyst to support our VA customer. The Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for providing security analysis and technical support to monitor, identify, and mitigate security incidents. The position is located on-site at the customer’s facility in Martinsburg, West Virginia.
The successful candidate must be well-versed in security operations, cyber security tools, intrusion detection, and secured networks. They will serve as an expert and be responsible for providing network and security operations technical analysis, assessment and recommendations in the areas of real-time security situational awareness, operational network system and applications systems security monitoring. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring various security tools (e.g., Splunk, Splunk Enterprise Security, Palo Alto Networks, SourceFire, Cisco ASA) to identify potential incidents, network intrusions, and malware events, etc. to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of VA architecture and information systems are protected
- Track investigations in Help Desk systems including Remedy and Service Now
- Utilization of Splunk ES SIEM to respond to incidents detected on the VA network
- Reviewing and analyzing log files to report any unusual or suspect activities
- Utilize incident response use-case workflows to follow established and repeatable processes for triaging and escalating
- Generating trouble tickets and performing initial validation and triage to determine whether incidents are security events.
- Complete investigations in to identified cyber events and hand over as appropriate
- Following established incident response procedures to ensure proper escalation, analysis and resolution of security incidents
- Develop and maintain Incident Response procedures and Security SOPs.
- Analyzing and correlating incident event data to develop preliminary root cause and corresponding remediation strategy
- Communicate effectively to all customers and stakeholders
- Work with other contract teams to effectively respond to cyber incidents
- Providing technical support for new detection capabilities, recommendations to improve upon existing tools/capabilities to protect the VA network, and assessments for High Value Assets
- This position is for 2rd shift with shift times noted below:
- 2PM – 10:30PM
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electronical Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and at least 10 years IT experience. Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Certification (or ability to obtain certification within 120 days at the company's expense) in at least one of the following areas: 1) GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), 2) GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), 2) Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Experience with advanced cyber security tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks
- In-depth understanding of NIST SP 800-61, US CERT and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards
- Experience interpreting and implementing cyber security regulations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Outstanding written skills for preparing reports and briefings
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- This position may support a government contract and have access to classified or government protected information for which US citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top