AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity available for an experienced Configuration Manager to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of configuration baselines supporting capability development, system sustainment, and operations. This position is located in our Chantilly, VA office.
- Develop a robust Configuration Management (CM) plan which meets customer requirements and reflects all CM required activities and standards
- Execute the Configuration Management (CM) process for the control of all hardware and software configuration documentation, media, and parts representing or comprising the system
- Provide baseline management, configuration identification, control, audits, formal reviews, engineering changes, and configuration management records and reports
- Create and maintain a list of configuration items to be placed under configuration and change control, which will be documented in the Configuration Management Plan (CMP)
- Support the Configuration Management Plan (CMP) to include the development of engineering change proposals (ECP), requests for deviation (RFD) and notices of revision (NOR)
- Perform software license management, planning, tracking, and distribution to include associated documents and interaction with software vendors and program representatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or another related degree with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience. An additional six (6) years of related experience can be substituted for degree requirement.
- Demonstrated Configuration Management (CM) experience or experience managing an ITIL Service Transition Process (Change Management, Change Evaluation, Application Development, Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Asset Management, Knowledge Management)
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) standards such as ISO, ITIL and/or CMMI
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to both technical teams and management
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Preferred / Desired Skills:
- Master’s degree in an associated field
- Previous IT work experience supporting medical management programs, i.e. VA Community Care, Veteran’s Choice, and/or VA Patient-Centered Community Care Network
- Demonstrated experience working within the Community Care or Managed Care fields to include: Referral Management, Claims Processing, Disease Management, Appointing, and/or Utilization Management
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top