Cloud Architecture Engineer
- Charleston, SC
AbleVets, A Cerner Company, provides healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Cloud Architecture Engineer to support our customer. This position is on site at our customers facility in Charleston, SC.
The Cloud Architecture Engineer will support a large government program by serving as the SME in support of network, loT, IT, and security planning, cloud security, network design and hosting environment implementation. The ideal candidate will also Provide guidance, program plans, security engineering and framework support for Software Assurance, Mobile Device Security (Mobility), Remote Access Solutions, and Personal Identity Verification (PIV). Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise on computer engineering and computer systems analysis
- Support the development of an Enterprise wide Security Architecture and the design of a security model
- Assess network and systems optimizations and vulnerabilities for executive level decisions
- Analysis of security services (Infrastructure, application, Identity) of existing and planned Cloud infrastructures (IaaS, PaaS)
- Identify gaps in security services
- Assist in the security engineering reviews of solutions, projects and programs for operational and developmental systems that are being researched, designed and reviewed
- Provide recommendations and guidance on secure baseline configurations, such as the Defense Information Security FAA (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), and support identification, development, and documentation of deviations from these baseline configurations for all assets, including network devices, desktops, and mobile devices
- Bachelor's degree and eight (8) years of experience required. An additional six (6) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Active Top Secret Government Clearance
- Must obtain the following certifications within 90 days of hire:
- 8570 IAT Level II
- OS certification (MCSE or CCDP equivalent is preferred).
- DoD 8140 Category – CSSP Incident Responder
- Experience with network design and migration
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise administration to include detailed knowledge of application deployment and troubleshooting procedures as well as familiar with standard RHEL services
- Experience supporting RMF accreditation and assessment of systems to continue maintaining and renewing ATOs
- Experience reviewing technical requirements and translating concepts to business language.
- Experience providing high-level design and architecture drawings, technically validating solutions and connecting business, data, security, systems, and other technical and non-technical architectures
- Experience developing SW/IT solutions to complex technical problems regarding integration and deployment of large-scale systems
- Experience with Windows Server administration to include detailed knowledge of Active Directory and other core Windows services
- Experience implementing DISA STIG requirements for Microsoft and Linux operating systems, services and applications
- Experience with Data at Rest, envelope security procedures and methodologies, HSDP 12, and pattern of life
- Experience evaluating technical gaps or deficiencies and identifying as obstacles to achieving the organizations vision.
- Experience evaluating business processes to document and recommending improvements to again efficiencies
- Experience leading or supporting projects related to IT Architecture, Engineering and Security Operations
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Experience presenting to clients using multiple platforms (MS PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Ability to take a leadership role conducting evaluations and analysis of the current security architecture and coordinating meetings with key stakeholders across the enterprise to create consensus for the desired end-state architecture.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and respond to change quickly
- Ability to work in a team environment and produce work products independently
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures and project documentation for systems, services and applications
- Able to documents and implements change requests; evaluate change requests for potential impacts.
- Able to maintain, update VMware infrastructure, guests and gold image templates
- Able to perform light programming/scripting to support automation
- Familiarity with open architecture principles and cyber security architecture principles that achieve cybersecurity framework goals
- Must be able to travel as necessary, up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited university/technical college in Engineering, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Certifications Preferred:
- AWS Solutions Architect
- Master's Degree preferred but not required
- Five (5) years of Network experience design and migration experience
- Five (5) years of experience with RedHat Enterprise administration to include detailed knowledge of application deployment and troubleshooting procedures as well as familiar with standard RHEL services
- Five (5) years' experience supporting RMF accreditation and assessment of systems to continue maintaining Understanding of key IT/Cybersecurity concepts (Network Security, Security Operations & Administration, Incident Response & Recovery, Identity and Access Management, Vulnerability Management etc.
- Experience with MI Systems (NSA NET, JWICS, or Army Gold)
- Expertise with networks such as NIPR, SIPR, JWICS and/or NSANet.
- Experience supporting government customers in secure environments, familiarity of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines
- Cloud Security and loT experience
- Experience with Cloud Services in the Federal sector (Google Apps, Amazon Web Services, etc.)
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence (Al) and Machine Learning (ML) concepts.
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top