Automation Test Engineer
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Automation Test Engineer to support healthcare information technology projects for our customers.
This position is for a Test Engineer to perform automation and functional testing in support of healthcare information technology application verification activities.The candidate will serve as a part of an overall test team and will be responsible for providing requirements review, analysis, and testing for various applications. The Test Engineer is responsible for performing manual and automated testing of applications, both functional and non-functional testing. The ideal candidate will also adapt to different responsibilities, execute a wide variety of tasks, respect teammates, and show a passion for self-improvement. The Test Engineer will create test plans, prepare test documentation including test scripts, test execution logs, regression logs, defect logs, and requirements traceability matrices, and construct functional and integration test cases.
This position requires experience in both manual and automated testing.The Test Engineer will assist Quality Management in extracting meaningful test metrics for Requirements, Test Execution, and Defect analysis.
- Possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Plan major technology assignments.
- Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Work closely with product owners and developers to define the testing methodology required for applications development in a reliable and scalable environment
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand product specifics and to create corresponding test strategies.
- Develop executable test procedures for interactive applications.
- Design test scenarios, test plans, and test scripts
- Evaluate existing test scenarios and test plans.
- Update existing test scenarios, test plans, and test scripts as necessary.
- Create project resource estimates, define metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, development efficiency and quality.
- Manage updates to testing-related artifacts, including the test execution log, regression log, requirements traceability matrix, defect log, and user guide.
- Able to work in fast paced Agile development environment.
- Execute testing on both Web front end and back end systems.
- Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of five (5) years of technical experience. An additional six (6) years of related experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- 4+ years’ experience in developing test strategies, plans and scripts.
- 3+ years’ experience with Java Script, HTML5 and CSS3
- 3+ years’ experience with backend services testing
- 3+ years’ experience with test data set up.
- Experience using version control (Git, subversion, etc)
- Selected applicants will be subject to a government investigation and must meet eligibility requirements and obtain Government-granted access. Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience in automation testing and writing test scripts using ruby
- Experience with:
- SQL Server
- Web Logic
- Experience with VA Mobile Application Environment
- Experience with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Wiki) experience
- Self-starter that can work under general direction
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Back to top