Software Engineer (Systems) HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Our company is an experienced, high performance technology company and a global provider of software, hardware, services, and expertise in embedded computing.
We offer a unique foundation of agile and reliable technology providing customers a sustainable advantage in the industries we serve, including government, defense, and telecommunications. Our company is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Are you ready to be part of a high performing team and have some fun developing some cool technology? If you value execution, delivering products and systems of high value, on-time, this is the perfect position for you.
As a Systems Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing test software to facilitate product qualification and manufacturing of rugged COTS systems for the Military and Aerospace market. You will apply your software experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives, and affect short-term and long-term business goals.
- US Citizen or green card holder
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as required
In this role, you will utilize experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives and affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, integrate, test and debug embedded test software for rugged COTS systems comprised of circuit cards such as single board computers, network switches, GPU boards, and avionics cards.
- Design and develop performance benchmark and test suites to ensure requirements are met
- Collaborate with the product development team to develop test plans
- Participate in the development of automation testing strategies and frameworks
- Promote software lifecycle management activities including design and code reviews
A minimum of 7 years' professional experience developing and deploying software in an embedded computing environment
- Experience with C/C++ and Python
- Linux and VxWorks OS knowledge
- Real-time software experience
- Software product development and lifecycle experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn new development practices, languages, and tools
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a small team and be highly self-motivated
- Experience in customer interaction
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top