Senior Staff Accountant
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Summary - We are looking for a senior staff accountant who can be a leader in assurance of the integrity and accuracy of globally consolidated financial results. This is a critical role supporting the US controller and working with the global finance team to drive controlled processes, with relevant reporting, and value added analytics. This team and this role partner with operations to create value, not just generate numbers. This is an excellent opportunity to join a unique company. Spun out of GE in 2015; Abaco is a dynamic, innovative, growing, and industry leading business with 30+ years of experience, cutting edge products, and world class customer base.
- Work with US and global team in performing all accounting and controllership routines (monthly closing, reporting, analysis, account reconciliation).
- Ownership of all processes linked to financial reporting.
- Develop and implement key accounting processes and systems.
- Lead balance sheet reviews, internal audits, process reviews.
- Ownership of monthly revenue recognition associated with complex arrangements and long term projects
- Drive implementation of ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Provide support and interface with the auditors, tax team, and other accounting service providers.
- Drive standardization/process improvement in all aspects of operations, analysis, and reporting. Ensure documentation and cross-training.
- Lead relevant cross business initiatives and special projects.
- Masters in Accounting, Finance or related field required. CPA preferred. Audit experience preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant financial experience.
- Self-motivated, autonomous, and proven "do-it yourself" attitude.
- Experience with SAP suite, building SOX compliant processes highly desired.
- Experience with complex revenue arrangements and project accounting preferred.
- Team player with developed and proven leadership and influencing skills
- Strong reporting, analysis and project management skills
- Attention to detail with emphasis on relevant reporting to ensure deliverables are connected with operating plans.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
Abaco will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top