Senior Quality Engineer
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine over 30 years' experience in the industry with the attitude and opportunity of a start-up company. Find your place here as part of a high-performing team, delivering products and services in industries such as energy, water, consumer packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications.
Product Quality Engineer-PB
Role Summary/Purpose – to describe the role and its place within the organization
The role of Product Quality Engineering will own the Quality relationship with Military/Aerospace customers as it relates to product delivery and contract agreement. This role will require establishing and maintaining positive customer relationships inclusive of contract reviews/negotiations, customer presentations/audits, Source Inspections/MIPS, FRACAS, MRB, and Product Readiness as they relate to Quality. Demonstrates accountability for functional business, and broad company objectives. Integrates and develops processes that meet business needs across the organization, involving long-term planning for AS9100. This role will also serve as senior QE for other QE's and Quality Technicians on the Quality team.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities – to explain the major duties performed in the job
- Lead Huntsville manufacturing to efficiently produce high quality board level and system assemblies for the support of the Mil/Aero industry. Establishing direct relationship with customer, hosting, material readiness and presentation.
- Use of data driven analytics to lead Quality initiatives in order to increase capacity, flexibility, reduce costs and inventory.
- Serve as Supply Chain's customer and supplier quality interface.
- Responsible for delivery and analysis of key manufacturing metrics (I.e. RTY, FPY, Return Rate, Cost of Quality, Scorecards, and RMA Cycletime)
- Must have demonstrated ability as a change agent combined with the ability to work at various levels and cross functionally in the organization.
Qualifications/Requirements – to list the skills and experience required for the role
- BS/BA Engineering or 5 years equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing leadership experience in Mil/Aero production environment
- Highly effective communicator with all organizational levels
- Proven leadership capability
- Demonstrated computer competency, including Email, Excel, and Power Point. Use, and presentation, of data driven actions is a must.
- Experience with Source Inspection preparation and presentation
- Experience with contract review and negotiation as it relates to Quality Standards
Desired Characteristics – to describe other job-related criteria that will be used to make the selection decision
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve conflict in a positive way
- Ability to gain consensus in developing priorities
- Highly motivated
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification
- AS5535 experience
- IDEA experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Lean experience
- Strong project management
- IPC610 experience
- AS9100 Auditor experience
- Experience with AS9102 FAI preparation and presentation
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top