Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Propel your career by joining the Abaco Systems' Return Material Authorization Team. The RMA Manager will play a key role in into the mission of providing world class service to our customers. This position reports to and will receive direction from the Global Technical and Product Support Director. The ideal candidate is mission driven, customer focused, able to follow processes, improve processes, a team builder, and willing to take on additional duties to make the department one of the most successful. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with global teams to ensure successful product support. This position is responsible for overseeing Abaco Systems product returns and performing post return analysis. This role will be responsible for weekly updates of global metrics, and the analysis/improvement actions of the Huntsville specific activities. This position will be responsible for meeting and improving established Service Level Agreements.
- Lead the process of product returns and track product failure analysis
- Work with engineers and technicians to identify electronic issues and communicate findings to customers as needed
- Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered to all internal and external customers, in accordance with the RMA Support Team's mission.
- Handle the day-to-day RMA receiving, processing, internal/external movement, and shipping activities
- Meet all internal and external Service Level Agreements while striving to exceed expectations
- Maintain daily productivity / workflow reports and metrics
- Manage the RMA Authorization processing as needed
- Responsible for building a cohesive team that is focused on continuous improvement
- Work closely with internal departments such as Operations, Internal Sales, Technical Support, Accounts Receivable/Payable, Quality and Engineering as required
- Build and maintain positive relationships with contract manufacturers and vendors
- Set daily, weekly and monthly processing priorities
- Maintain, review and update process documentation on a regular basis; Create new documents as required
- Review and analyze current processes on a regular basis and develop and implement new processes as required
- Identify relevant metrics while publicly communicating the department performance against related metrics
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher desired; Associates degree and 7 years of related experience; 10 years of experience of direct customer service management
- 5 or more years of experience or working knowledge in the electronics industry is a must
- 3 or more years of experience working in logistics and/or customer service is a plus
- Working knowledge of completing failure analysis
- Understanding and adherence to customer support and manufacturing operations best practices is a must
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment with dynamic requirements and priorities
- Attention to detail and committed to managing problems through resolution
- Being adept with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and Outlook is necessary
- Experience with SAP a must
- Return or Warranty administration experience for a hardware vendor would be preferred
- Experience with Organizational Transformations is a plus
- Working knowledge of Lean and 6 Sigma concepts preferred
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top