Regional Sales Manager
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace (mil/aero) market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager for mil/aero embedded products for the states of Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
What will your responsibilities include?
- You'll develop new accounts and expand existing accounts your established territory and be responsible for all products in Abaco's Embedded portfolio.
- You'll work collaboratively with sales and business development to identify target accounts/programs and close business related to Abaco Systems Product Portfolio.
- You'll present the capabilities of the all Mil/Aero commercial products & systems business in the areas of design, engineering, development, qualification, testing, program management, thermal analysis and product life-cycle management.
- You'll effectively communicate the features and benefits of Abaco Systems products, systems & HPEC solutions to prospective customers and sell on value and differentiation.
- You'll work closely with customers in the definition stage of program development with the objective of being part of the customer's specifications.
- You'll capture customer CTQs and accurately qualify program opportunities to build business cases to justify pursuit of Abaco's Products & Systems opportunities.
- You'll build and maintain a robust pipeline of Abaco's Products and System opportunities.
- You'll drive new design wins to ensure long-term revenue growth for Abaco Systems.
- You'll develop and maintain accurate forecast information and regularly reporting
- You'll identify product requirements specific to market needs and provide input to the product management teams for product planning.
- You'll work closely with the product management, engineering and sales teams to ensure that Abaco Systems' business objectives are aligned with our customer's strategic direction.
- You'll provide input and participation into selected tradeshows, technology days and industry events.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You'll have a degree in engineering or equivalent experience with a minimum of 8-10 years specific market knowledge.
- You'll have working knowledge of typical embedded military applications such as radar, sonar, C4ISR, mission computing, targeting/tracking, electronic warfare, communications and EO/IR
- You'll have a proven track record of selling COTS embedded solutions into military and defense applications.
- You'll have 8-10 years of customer relations experience in either a sales or related customer support role.
- You'll have experience in working with customers at all levels within an organization
- You'll have technical knowledge of the embedded computing market and technologies, including SBC's, switches, multi-processors, I/O, video/graphics, avionics, and high performance embedded solutions & systems.
- You'll have knowledge of COTS technologies including VME, VPX, CPCI, PMC, XMC, switched fabrics and real-time operating systems.
- You'll be a strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- You must be willing to travel up to 70% of the time.
- You must be a US citizen.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top