Regional Sales - Avionics - Test & Measurement
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine over 30 years' experience in the industry with the attitude and opportunity of a start-up company. Find your place here as part of a high-performing team, delivering products and services in industries such as energy, water, consumer packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications.
The Regional Sales - Avionics -Test & Measurement will be responsible for Technical Sales to new clients and existing client base in the Western Region of the Americas. In this role you will prepare complex bid documentation, pricing proposals and be responsible for creating and maintaining yearly forecasts for our Avionics Products that supports Military, Commercial, Test & Measurement applications. You will also manage a multiple account territory throughout assigned Western geographic region and travel to required customer locations to promote Abaco product based solutions.
- Prospecting for new Avionics customers and business in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer base, qualify new leads as well as cold calling to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales.
- Work and Manage Manufacturers representatives as applicable in the Western Region
- Drive penetration within Target Markets such as Test & Measurement
- Generate proposals, prepare sales quotations, plan customer meetings, and demonstrate product capabilities for assigned products in territory.
- Capture, understand, and clearly communicate customer requirements and accurately qualify program opportunities to build business cases to justify pursuit of Mil/Aero & Commercial Avionics opportunities.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of Mil/Aero Products and System opportunities.
- Drive new Design Wins to ensure long-term revenue growth for Abaco in the Military/Aerospace & Commercial segments.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecast information and regularly report out on your status toward meeting orders plan.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Business Development to identify target accounts/programs and close business related to Abaco Military/Aerospace & Commercial Product portfolio
- Sales negotiations and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, but also department heads and C Level Management.
- Support new Initiatives throughout geography and at Named Accounts – Aggressively identify, adopt and support new products/solutions, initiatives, programs, webinars, seminars, and campaigns within assigned geography
- Develop and maintain product knowledge of Abaco Systems and competitive products.
- Responsible for meeting annual and quarterly bookings and revenue targets. Demonstrate progress to this goal through accurate monthly, quarterly, and yearly forecasting. Prioritize selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration, and complete territory coverage.
- Maintain post sale relationships and development of long-term customer relationships coupled with the ability to identify and help regional teams capitalize on All Abaco opportunities that satisfy customer needs.
- Develop and lead Avionics account penetration and Market strategies with regional teams identifying key targets while communicating current market intelligence back to the business along with field concerns, issues, and requirements.
- Work closely with the internal Avionics Team to develop execution of strategies and action plans to drive solution sales.
- Participate in professional trade shows and engage with industry thought leaders to generate awareness of Abaco Sensor & Image Processing technologies and services.
- Travel and interface with customers while maintaining and promoting teamwork keeping open communications within Abaco Systems Inc.
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top