Quality Manager 1
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Role Summary/Purpose - to describe the role and its place within the organization
The role of Huntsville Quality Manager will own the Total Quality System at the Abaco Huntsville facility. This role will require establishing and maintaining positive customer relationships at all levels of business, maintenance and growth of the site AS9100 QMS, management of production Quality deliverables, and continuous improvement of goals set by Abaco Global Quality Manager. Functional areas pertaining to production deliverables are Incoming Inspection, Final Quality Control, Calibration, and Internal Audits. This individual must demonstrate accountability for functional business, successful execution of broad company objectives, and ability to listen and respond to Customer needs. This role will have direct reports including Production QE's and Quality Supervisor.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities - to explain the major duties performed in the job
- Lead Huntsville AS9100 manufacturing to efficiently produce high quality board level and system assemblies for the support of the Mil/Aero and Commercial industries. Establishing direct relationship with customer, hosting, material readiness and presentation, and executive level RCCA responses as needed.
- Maintenance and growth of AS9100 Site Certification
- Use of data driven analytics to lead site and global quality initiatives in order to increase customer experience, improve production throughput, and growth of One Abaco goals.
- Serve as Huntsville Supply Chain's customer and supplier quality interface.
- Responsible for delivery and analysis of key manufacturing metrics (I.e. RTY, FPY, Return Rate, Cost of Quality, Scorecards, and RMA Cycle Time)
- Must have demonstrated ability as a change agent combined with the ability to work at various levels and cross functionally in the organization.
- BS/BA Engineering or 5 years equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience in Mil/Aero production environment
- Highly effective communicator with all organizational levels
- Proven leadership capability and cross functional change agent
- Demonstrated computer competency, including Email, Excel, and Power Point.
- Use, and presentation, of data driven actions is a must.
- Experience with Source Inspection preparation and presentation
- Experience with contract review and negotiation as it relates to Quality Standards and QNotes
- Experience leading an AS9100 Quality Management organization
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve conflict in a positive way
- Ability to gain consensus in developing priorities
- Highly motivated
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification
- AS5535 experience
- IDEA experience
- Six Sigma and Lean experience
- Strong project management
- IPC610 experience
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top