Quality Inspector - Incoming 1st Shift HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Role Summary/Purpose - to describe the role and its place within the organization
Performs incoming inspections for QA team on production shop floor of mechanical and electronic components.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities - to explain the major duties performed in the job
- Mechanical inspection of incoming product from suppliers according to documented processes. Includes physical inspection and paperwork inspection to verify conformance to requirements.
- Requires demonstrated use of mechanical inspection hand tools and CMM.
- Mechanical inspection is performed on chassis and other machined parts based on drawing requirements using precision measuring tools
- Electronics inspection of incoming product from suppliers according to documented processes. Includes physical inspection and paperwork inspection to verify conformance to requirements.
- Electronics inspection will include verification of components to engineering records, documentation requirements, and counterfeit avoidance inspections.
- Identify and document results of inspections. Clearly communicating nonconformance's to specified requirements
- Able to access and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, purchase orders, statement of work and standards to determine quality status.
- Good organization skills and Microsoft Office software to accurately document and maintain associated paperwork and inspection results in a consistent and timely fashion
- Provide QA floor support activities including participating in cost out activities, additional data collecting and maintaining Quality data storage
- Identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities for the quality program for customers internal and external.
- Perform final inspection of completed product as needed.
- High School diploma/GED, or college degree.
- Strong electronics and mechanical background , minimum 3-years' experience
- Familiar with military or aerospace industry Inspection practices and standards
- Requires demonstrated use of mechanical inspection hand tools and CMM
- Requires demonstrated use of optical inspection equipment (Microscope)
- Requires demonstrated use of basic Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Blue print reading skills
- Experience working in a quality assurance organization
- Strong self-discipline and integrity
- Knowledge of manufacturing methodologies, Industry Standards, and Regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of solid modeling or similar CAD software.
- Team oriented with good written and verbal skills
- Experience with ISO 9001, AS9100 or equivalent QMS standards
- Certified to IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, or demonstrated equivalent expertise
- Experience performing electrical inspections of printed circuit boards per IPC standards.
- Conformal Coating inspection experience
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top