Proposal Engineer - HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture computing and electronic systems for aerospace, defense and industrial applications. Spun out of General Electric in 2015, we deliver and support open modular solutions developed to upgrade and enhance the growing data, analytics, communications and sensor processing capabilities of our target applications. This, together with our 700+ professionals' unwavering focus on our customers' success, reduces program cost and risk, allows technology insertion with affordable readiness and enables platforms to successfully reach deployment sooner and with a lower total cost of ownership. With an active presence in a significant number of national asset platforms on land, sea and in the air, Abaco Systems is trusted where it matters most.
Develop innovative technical solutions for rugged computing systems and board level products for use in Military and Aerospace markets. Responsible for coordinating proposal/architecture development with a cross functional team including - engineering, sales, finance, business development, product management and Program Management.
- Generate proposals, acting as bid leader driving a multi-disciplinary team to produce technical and commercial response to tight customer deadlines.
- Handover a successful proposal to the execution team, summarizing, technical and commercial requirements.
- Utilize HW and SW concept and design abilities as part of a team defining rugged / conduction-cooled Military/Aerospace systems (LRUs) based upon customer's high-level technical requirements.
- Apply Engineering experience in the conceptual design process. This may entail system level, board-level, mechanical, and software definition. Work with Engineering teams as needed to support this process.
- Ability to understand new concepts and other technical details of a Military/Aerospace system quickly.
- Apply technical and sales knowledge in direct support to customers and internal sales force while maintaining a positive message.
- Interact with other product groups within the company and third parties to find the best products to satisfy customer requirements.
- Provide technical information in support of the process of preparing proposals.
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures used in rugged/conduction-cooled Military/Aerospace systems. Knowledge of Military Specifications and Standards and their implementation.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical and commercial information to senior leadership
- Exemplify and promote Abaco Systems culture and best practice
- BS Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in the rugged Military/Aerospace field or in a related technical area.
- Positive "can-do" attitude and technically creative thought process.
- Energized by high profile/high impact tasks and assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple concurrent and competing priorities in order to meet customer deadlines.
As a company supplying products and services directly and indirectly to Governments, Abaco Systems uses a security clearance process for all new recruits. You should only apply for the advertised position if:
You are a US citizen or a US Person as defined by ITAR regulations.
- Please note that these are the minimum requirements for initial consideration. Abaco Systems also makes security and other enquiries to ensure the suitability of candidates for employment
- System level development experience in rugged applications.
- Board level development experience in Military/Aerospace electronics.
- Experience working with customers and potential customers.
- Recognized as a technical resource and potential leader.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Solid understanding of Abaco System product features, capabilities, and limitations.
- Solid understanding of embedded products and companies across a wide range of disciplines.
- Experience of Open architecture platforms including VPX and VME.
- Experience with Military Standards such as MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-810 and DO-160 equivalents.
- Experience with DO-178/DO-254
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top