Project Planner Scheduler
- Huntsville, AL
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Developing, maintaining, and coordinating technical schedules for large to medium scale projects from proposal level to detailed level schedules
- Conducting schedule analysis and assessments to ensure schedules are structured properly with complete network logic, are capable of reporting critical path(s), and follow industry scheduling best practices
- Tracking schedule progress and developing custom reports/metrics
- Providing guidance and recommendations on schedule work-arounds and recovery plans for customers to make effective decisions
- Attending key project meetings, reviews, and presenting schedule status/metrics
- Performing Schedule Risk Assessments (SRA) and providing guidance and recommendations to Abaco Management
- Providing expert guidance and implementation and management of integrated scheduling tools
- Conducting cost and schedule integration, ensuring budget and resource requirements for programs/projects are realistic and achievable. Assessing the impacts resulting from changes to project cost, schedule or technical baselines
- Interacting with customer and Abaco technical leads and project management personnel
- B.S. degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of two (2) years scheduling experience or 8 years of scheduling experience with in a similar industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office products required; experience with Microsoft Project Online and portfolio management tools preferred.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) as it relates to cost, schedule and technical performance measures a plus
- Prior complex development project scheduling experience is highly desired
- Prior experience developing resource loaded schedules preferred
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of an organization
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation
- Work Environment- Generally an office environment
- Attendance- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Other Essential Functions- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top