Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
About the Role
As a program manager you have the opportunity to make a huge difference in our customer's experience in working with Abaco. The successful Abaco Program Manager is excellent at finding ways to say yes to customer requests and then delivering on our commitments. As an Abaco Program Manager you will be responsible for overall program execution as you lead a cross functional team to exceed our customer's expectations and present recurring program updates to internal and customer executives.
- Responsible for making sure all customer deliverables are on spec and on time
- Will establish milestones and be responsible for adherence to master plans, schedules and budget
- Responsible for program revenue forecast and tracking
- Identifies potential resource gaps and works with business leadership to address
- Proposal support including contract negotiations, preparation of proposal content, reviewing and developing statements of work, finalizing operational budgets and making sure specifications are approved
- Key Process Owner for major customer reviews, customer communications and change control in assigned programs
- Demonstrates action-oriented leadership to overcome potential program roadblocks
- Maintains ownership of customer acknowledgement and sign off process; including but not limited to: technical specifications, SOW activities, qualification tasks, delivery dates, costs and documentation requirements and any other contractual documents.
- Defines the strategy and directs supporting functions to achieve program objectives
- Demonstrates strong analytical / data-driven problem solving skills
- Supporting Process Owner for risk management of assigned programs
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or 7 years related experience
- Thorough understanding of project/program management
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
- Must be able to work well as a team member in a fast paced environment with limited direction
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Customer-centric mindset, ability to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
- Knowledge of industry practices and Earned Value Management (EVM)
- PMP or PRINCE2 Certification
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top