Product Support Test Engineer
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
PRODUCT SUPPORT TEST ENGINEER
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% or as required.
- US Citizen or green card holder.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited college or university; or 10 years equivalent experience.
- Work in a team environment to plan and execute functional test, test development for existing customer environments, and debug/analyze as needed.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to develop comprehensive test methodologies.
- Possess strong troubleshooting/debug skills to be able to mitigate issues during product testing, driving quick resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Develop JTAG, and Boundary-scan test programs for use in manufacturing and engineering areas as validation and debug tools for products under test. Asset-InterTech experience highly desired.
- Develop Emulator based functional test programs for use in manufacturing and engineering areas as validation and debug tools for products under test. Asset-InterTech experience highly desired.
- Research, purchase and assemble test equipment and test stations for conducting test and debug.
- Provide technical support to facilitate debug and troubleshooting of products in manufacturing or returned from our customers.
- Perform engineering debug tasks with standard lab debug tools (oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, multi-meter, etc.).
- Govern product test transition (equipment move, setup, and training) between plant sites as needed.
- Provide on-going product test support at local/remote sites.
DESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 5 to 10 years in direct product development in software engineering, electronic engineering, or systems engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience, skill and desire to interact directly with customers and/or product owners / project managers.
- Prior experience using (JTAG) Boundary-Scan/Emulator test applications (Asset-InterTech preferred).
- Experience with low-level software development interaction (C/C++ preferred).
- Experience with (ISP) In-System (device) Programming applications such as Altera, Xylinx, Lattice.
- Experience using a variety of operating systems: Windows, Linux, DOS, SunOS, CentOS, SuSe
- Experience using embedded operating systems such as VxWorks, Integrity
- Prior experience using scripting languages: Expect, BASH, TCL, Python
- Experience setting up and configuring LANs for product testing including TFTP/BootP servers
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top