Process Quality Engineer-HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
PROCESS QUALITY ENGINEER
The role of Process Quality Engineering will have ownership over the analysis and continuous improvement of quality initiatives as they relate to Abaco Global Quality needs at its sites Military/Aerospace customers. This role will require establishing and maintaining positive cross functions and cross site relationships. Key activities within this role are data analysis, RCCA, key action identification, and project management to support effective action closure.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities – to explain the major duties performed in the job
- Lead Huntsville manufacturing to efficiently produce high quality board level and system assemblies for the support of the Mil/Aero industry. Data analysis, RCCA, project management in support of action closure/effectiveness.
- Use of data driven analytics to lead Quality initiatives in order to improve return rate, internal RTY, delivery, and business flexibility.
- Implementation of predictive metrics.
- Must have strong demonstrated ability as a change agent combined with the ability to work at various levels and cross functionally in the organization.
Qualifications/Requirements – to list the skills and experience required for the role
- BS/BA Engineering or 5 years equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing leadership experience in Mil/Aero production environment
- Highly effective communicator with all organizational levels
- Proven leadership capability
- Demonstrated computer competency, including Email, Excel, and Power Point. Use, and presentation, of data driven actions is a must.
- AS9100 Auditor experience
Desired Characteristics – to describe other job-related criteria that will be used to make the selection decision
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve conflict in a positive way
- Ability to gain consensus in developing priorities
- Highly motivated
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification
- AS5535 experience
- IDEA experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Lean experience
- Experience with Source Inspection preparation and presentation
- Experience with contract review and negotiation as it relates to Quality Standards
- IPC610 experience
- Experience with AS9102 FAI preparation and presentation
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top