Plant Manager - HSV
Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board – and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
PLANT MANAGER – HUNTSVILLE, AL
We are actively looking for a Plant Manager to lead the Huntsville Team. This position demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this capacity you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
As Plant Manager, you will:
- Promote a working environment to achieve excellence in productivity, customer service, quality, sourcing and EHS.
- Drive initiatives to maximize employee contribution and drive improvements in product quality and services.
- Ensure all Services support functions at facility are staffed and well trained to perform their duties effectively.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and directing all Operations and Services functions at the facility.
- Lead the effort to develop and implement plans to meet customers' requirements for product quality, cost and delivery.
- Manage the facility within operating budget.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations at this site including all aspects from the reception of raw materials through the delivery of finished product.
- Achieve business goals for EHS, Quality, Cost, Inventory, and Service
- Execute other business initiatives as required
- Drive growth and change in a fast-moving, high-energy environment.
- Promote the use of six-sigma methodology in driving plant quality improvements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 8 additional years of experience in manufacturing with prior experience in plant management
- Knowledge of electronic component manufacturing
- Ability to work within a highly matrixed business environment
- Strong communication, leadership and development skills
- Ability to apply statistical methods for process improvement
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- SAP knowledge
- Ability to lead teams through example
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, variable cost productivity, and fulfillment metrics, quality systems, cost systems, and procedures
- Previous experience with Make/Buy implementation.
- APICS certification.
- Six Sigma training is preferred
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal – and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility – we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and – we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization – why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Abaco Systems's Employees
Mike’s main goal is to bring clients who can benefit from Abaco Systems' products on board with the company, then ensure their success through consistently updating programming solutions.
Back to top